Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Life Goes On

If there's one thing I've learned in life it's that life goes on. You can't alway run from your problems. Things don't always go away. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and say to yourself I can do this; face your fears, stand up to your enemies, make amends, move on. Things don't always get better right away but they do get better. You just have to give it your all and give it time. 

Loving a bipolar man I have learned not to focus on the negative so much. If that's all you're doing that's all your going to notice. You have to remember what brought you together and why you love them. Things will always be chaotic. That's life. Just some people are a little more chaotic than others.

Yes, it's extremely hard living in all of the chaos but is it really as bad as you think? I bet not. I know it's not for me. Mister would walk through hell and high water to save me and I have to remember to do the same for him. 

There's such a huge stigma over bipolar. Oh you can just snap out of it. You need to get over it. Grow up. It's not that simple. There's so much more to it than that. The brain can get sick too. Would you treat it the same if it were cancer? 

I know I'm kind of all over the place right now but I'm sure you get the point, when you love a bipolar person it takes time and effort. You will need support. And if you push everyone away who cares about you thing will never get better.

I'm saying this because I know. I've been there. I used to push everyone away. I so used to let people walk all over me. I didn't have thick skin. I walked out on people I care for because I was tired of being hurt. I was tired of being confused, not knowing who was using me and who wasn't. One day I woke up and said if had enough with everyone. And I disappeared. Boy do I wish I had done it differently. But in all honesty I'm glad i left. I needed it. I needed to find myself. 

Boy did I find myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment